Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Indie Life...Is the life

As I sit in my room all bundled up, I just keep thinking about spring and summer awaiting. I am a spring baby who loves flowers, driving aimlessley, and laying in the grass looking up at the clouds. I love these relaxed indie looks for the spring and summer, and I seriously cannot wait for the amazing fashion trends in 2011! High floral shorts with little booties, lace tops with tights, fedoras, native prints and more! The Indie life is simplicity at its best. Not only is the fashion amazing, but the indie music scene is where this trend all started. It actually originated in the United Kingdom and the United States in the 1980s! Some of my favorite indie bands are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. MGMT. The Gorillaz. Rogue Wave. Mumford and Sons. Band of Horses etc. I am so stoked to wip out my jeans shorts and flip flops and soak up some sun...haha maybe even ride my vintage bike!  Let me know what your favorite indie bands are, and if this style is happening for ya?!





No comments:

Post a Comment